Wednesday, July 02, 2014

RECAP of All the Right Weaponry and She Versus I

 


 
 
 


On February 21st, 2014 - I had my first solo show ever. Well, kind of a solo show. More like mini solo show because I showcased my work with Stephanie Takemoto at Art Form Studio in the Art District of Downtown LA. I can't believe that in almost 10 years of showcasing my work as well as curating and producing shows, I never showed my work at this capacity before. I convinced myself that I was not ready and before you know it, time up and left.

2014 is the year of Yes and at times when the process of putting together 15+ pieces for the show, I have felt joy as well as the familiar state of uncertainty. But this time, fear did not win and Stephanie and I had a successful show.

The following pics are selected personal pictures of spirit family. I will in the near future post the pieces and discuss about each piece.

This night was a super duper important to me. It allowed me to break down walls and silence doubt. Nothing but upward movement from here on out


Stephanie, San and me


My friend DJ Volare was one of the DJs of the night. She was with me at my Truthseekers Radio spot.


Comic JennyYang


Spirt Family, Jenn, Julienne and Chris. Jenn came down from SF just for the show!


SANOISM


Cupcakes made by Little Sweeties!!!
All these are influenced by my work!


Jenn

Peter Woods and his lovely family


Will and his lovely family

My piece went to a new home!

Brandi and her goodies~!


Doreen of Little Sweeties!
I painted a piece inspired by her being!


Artist Stefania and her friend


The Get Down Collective: Multi Media greats


My piece went to a great home! Arturo bought this for his daughter, Mae!


Extremely grateful for a packed house and record sales! 

One of my favorite kid in the whole world and his dad


Such a fan of his work, my artist friend SKET ONE


Miss this chica! Ver Mar, remarkable artist and scultress!


Love these guys!! Daniel and Ariana! I made a promo that anybody rocking a Beatrock shirt would get free swag from me!


The night is about collaboration. Mixpe modeling Nena Soulfly's African wax print dress, styling by Sherry Younge from Art Form Studio.



My homegirl Amreen, times 3! My piece Doreen from Little Sweeties


Guns and roses


And this awesome event happen! I was so happy to see Ryan at my show. That guy is so extremely busy. And he got his equipment and did an interview of Stephanie and me at the end of the night!


Vibe !!!


Such a beautiful night!
Portraits of me made out of sugar!

No comments: