Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Beyond Another Dimension Group Art Show

On June 21st, 2014, my artist friend Susie Q produced and curated a Twilight Zone themed art show at the RIT Gallery in the city of La Puente. She hand-selected artists of different backgrounds and styles, from local to international, from emerging to established.

I was not able to do this show because of time but I hooked my boss up, Doug Hart, who is a former  cel animator from the 80s. He was more than thrilled to be part of the show.
 

When you enter the gallery,  you are greeted by an installation that was put up by Susie Q. She is not just a producer of events but an artist as well. Whenever she has an idea, she want to transport you into that environment but at the same time, not take away from the artists' work.
 
 
The hostess with the mostest.


Susie and I
Stephanie Takemoto and I

Ohio and Pack Leader

Here is one of Doug's pieces. This type of art is pretty close to dead so it makes this piece special by the materials alone. He also has a talent and a steady hand and a witty humor which makes each piece be able to stand alone as a single panel.

 
Doug Hart

Detail Shot



 
 
 
 
Randy Kono


Pablo Damas
 
JSalvador

Deadmundo




Congrats on an awesome show!

Closing reception is July 3rd where the downtown La Puente celebrates the 4th of July complete with fireworks.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words, Alfie -- and for hooking me up with Susie. LOVED being part of the Twilight Zone show!

I love your stuff, too!

--Doug