Monday, June 30, 2014

Kazuki Takamatsu at the Corey Helford CHG Gallery



 
Pictures on the web of Kazuki Takamatsu's work is super impressive but it doesn't not compare to seeing it live in person. On June 21st, 2014, I gallery hopped all over and made sure that one of the stops were Cory Helford's CHG gallery in Culver City.

I got to see Kazuki's work up close and personal. Many of pieces are enormous, which makes it seem like the paintings were looking at you and not the other way around. Kazuki is known for his gouche map painting, mixing both traditional and modern techniques. What you have are haunting pieces that seem to be popping off of the canvas, whispering for youto come closer.

I tried to get as clos as I can to show you that these were paintings.

As expected, when I got there, which was only an hour of opening, each piece but one was sold.

Definitely one of my favorite modern artist!


 


 


 


 



 
 
 
 

No comments: