Saturday, May 26, 2012

Possible Up-coming race? Walking Dead Escape

My newest addiction: Races... Particularly obstacle races.

Working out at the gym can be boring sometimes. Don't get me wrong. I love my gym. I have too many distractions at home and running at 10pm at  night with out a partner is dangerous for a woman.

But how effective are your workouts if you are doing the same things over and over and over.

And if you are like me, I need structure. I need a goal, a plan and an action. That way I am focused on small tasks in front of me, accomplishing small goals which will ultimately lead me to the main goal of obtaining great health.

One of those goals can be participating in races through out the year.

Earlier in the year, I did the Warrior Dash. I HAD SO MUCH FUN! When Darrin asked us, I knew I had to do it this year. Especially when my cousin seemed like she wanted to do it.

3.1 miles.... 10 obstacles...

These are the guys we ran with...


Yes, they ran in costume.. which made them so much more bad ass!

and this is my team:
I love these ladies! They breezed through a lot of the obstacles. A lot of he obstacles involved climbing walls! I didn't think I was afraid of heights until you realize that the only way down is a fireman pole, cargo net or lowering yourself with upper body strength and then dropping down. They were my biggest supporters!

There were a couple that were pretty hard but one that I can't wait to conquer next year is the lake buoy raft. I couldn't get myself ontop of that raft for the life of me and you had to get it on the first try or you just get tucker out. I ended up wading around it. 

I only posted the muddy pics in my private profiles. No need for those floating in the net. 

Here are the shirts. I need to print new ones because we recruited five more folks to join our team!

and here is my little reward:
I know it's only 3.1 miles and the LA marathon I did was 26.2 and the LA Half Marathon is 13.1 miles.  But this one holds dear to me because I did it with family. 


The Disney Half Marathon is sold out so I am pretty bummed. But my Bay area friend hit me up to this...



I love this show.. I love this graphic novel.. and I love challenges! I can't decide whether I want to be a Survivor or a Walker.  I think it would be fun being made up professionally and be part of the ambiance. Of course, I will have to brush up on  my martial arts skills in case any of the patrons act to crazy for their own good.


My friend Jason has a team formed for this event taking place in October/November. 




Looks like I need to log in some more miles for the next couple of months to prepare for this!

No comments: