Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Warrior Dash 2012

Oh the things I get myself into. With much convincing, I have signed up for the first race of the year- the Warrior Dash





Warrior Dash is a 5k run with lots of obstacles and.. mud. What a way to keep myself motivated throughout the year; not only am I having fun but I am promoting being in good health, challenging myself, taking back my health as well as fundraising for good causes.

I will be running with Jenus, Darrin, Edward, Chris, Erica and 12 more folks this Saturday. We will be climbing walls, crawling under barbed wire, hurdling over obstacles, swimming through mud and aftwards, celebrate with turkey legs, music and lots of beer.

My cousin and I started Team Breast Mode. We are raising funds for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. 100% of the donations are going straight to the hospital and it is all tax-deductible.




So why BreastMode and not BeastMode?



My cousin Jenus and I are running/getting dirty/hopping over fire/climbing walls on March 31st, 2012 at Warrior Dash.
It will be our first time so why not make our bruises and muddy clothes more meaningful, we both have decided to run for greater cause.
The concept is simple: Jenus was going to the gym and posted it on her Facebook page. To show her enthusiasm, she was saying she was going all out, beast mode! But with a slip of a thumb, she accidently typed "BREAST MODE."
Hence, the birth of the Guzman coined term: We're going BREAST MODE.. which is ... ahem... harder than going balls out.
Our Team Breast Mode grew and now we have Joyce, Penny and DeAnn. I just finished the design and Blacklava Clothing will be printing these shirts up this week.




These t-shirts will be our uniform and a short run will be going on sale after the race. 



Here we go! This whole week is nothing but eating right, warming up and getting myself mentally prepared for the big race.. and doing this for the children!


By the way,  we are running with these guys!





No comments: