Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Updated: HYBRIDS group art show at Thumbprint Gallery


Anthony Thomas and I teamed up for this special art show. 

Anthony is a cartoon illustrator/animator/game character developer. He has a skill of developing characters and I knew this collaboration would be fun.

We both have a fascination in mythical creatures from different cultures. One creature we both dig are bakus, creatures that eat dreams but mostly nightmares.

I gave him a base drawing, giving him space to create the creatures in the middle. He then gave it back to me and I added the shading and the details to make it blend more with my characters ( the little girl and her bunny rabbit.)




If you look at it dead on, the Bakus are blue but at an angle, there is an iridescence to it.




No comments: