Tuesday, March 01, 2011


My friend contacted me and wanted to commission a piece for her best friend for his birthday.  She told me "paint whatever you think friendship would be." 

Huh...

I get nervous when I am given artistic freedom on a piece a person bought before they even know what it looks like. That is complete trust in me, the same trust that I should have for myself. 

So I brought back a sketch that I did years ago. This piece is call "i c u, part too." I feel that when to two people have a deep connection, they don't need eyes to see them with. They don't need language to communicate. They just already know.

Those moments are golden to me, connections sacred to me. Those friendships come few and far between so when you do find it, hold on tight and never take it for granted.

No comments: