Sunday, April 05, 2015

Almost Venus


I was asked to be part of an International Women's Day art show at a gallery in San Diego. I have not shown there and was excited to be asked.

But in typical Alfie fashion, I let my schedule and responsibilities pile up. I did this piece in one night with the intention of having a next day delivery to San Diego. As I posted the final piece stating that it is on it's way to the gallery, a long time friend whom I never met in person yet have supported my work contacted me directly and asked if he can gift his wife my piece. They were celebrating their 10 year anniversary. 

There is an honor indescribable when a person buys my art to gift to a loved one. They can get them anything in the world but to buy my work, or any art work for that matter, is the biggest honor.

I made the decision to go ahead and send it to Boston. I am hoping the gallery understood my graciously bowing out, not in for irresponsible reasons, but for the fact that I wanted to be part of one great love story and also to support someone who has supported me throughout the years.

Here is the progression shots of "This Woman's Work" March 2015




Mixed Media on wood panel 

No comments: