Thursday, March 22, 2012

Microcosm: Artshow at Thumbprint Gallery

Group Show
"Microcosm"
March 10- April 8, 2012

I managed to triple book myself on March 10th, 2012. This is like the 5th time I have done to myself. Often times people approach me well in advance and they all sound good, so I answer with an enthusiastic "yes!"

I need to carry a calendar, or at least use the calendar feature of my iPhone.

One of the shows was the opening reeeption of "Microcosm" at Thumbprint Gallery.

I showed two older works and one new one for the show.

"Sometimes It Feels This Way"
Mixed Media on canvas
2012

This piece is influenced by the earlier piece I have done for the show at the Glasshouse in Pomona, "Part of your world." I want to be mindful to work in similar themes. This way, my work is not all over the place and can act like a series. It's good practice for me to focus on execution and critical thinking in painting a piece and also keeping in mind, having a good solid series of work for my portfolio.

You can check out the rest of the show with this catalogue.

(The coolest part of March 10th was, as I was the guest speaker for an all female panel board for the women in the Hip-Hop movement (which I will write later,) was being up on the stage and getting a text from the curator that one of my paintings was sold.)

In conjunction to our show was a solo show of Mr. DVICE who in a short amount of time, produced a series of work that was vibrant, beautiful, and impressive. He filled up the other half of the gallery and was a solid showcase.


Check out his promo here:




Second reception of No Rules Among Goons/Microcosm
March 24, 2012 7pm - 930pm


920 Kline Street #104La Jolla, CA 92037

No comments: