Saturday, March 17, 2012

Power Animals II at the Zepf Alt Gallery in Downtown San Diego


On March 2, 2012, I was part of the second annual Power Animals show curated by Paul of Thumbprint Gallery and showcased at Zepf Alt Gallery in Downtown SD.


My piece is called "I am Atticus now" named after one of my favorite songs by the Noisettes. It is of a lucha libre masked owl carrying the heart which appeared in one of my earlier works. It's about being able to be strong and confidant in yourself but also being able to see through love. It's being able to see in clarity the truth in situations that surrounds you and not fall into trickery, lies and from those who don't have the best intentions for you.


Here is a quick walk through of the opening reception of Power Animals II. For more pictures of the opening and to see more pictures of the works themselves, visit Thumbprint Gallery's Blog . There are so many amazing art work under one roof and I am glad to be part of the show!



No comments: