Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I probably should go to bed... Or maybe I should continue to pack. But the past 48 hours has been a trip in itself.

Got hit with a 24 hour bug. Fever from 6pm last night to 6pm today. I feel fine now. Just a little run down. But that whole experience was weird.

My new roommate sarah thinks its because my body demanded rest. "you have been running around like crazy lately. Maybe its your body finally giving in."

Whatever it is, I am glad it came and it left. Because I don’t know how I am going to be in a plane with a fever.

So instead, I have Waking Life playing in the background, sipping on some lemonade, and trying to organize the area a bit before I leave.

And one thing I am realizing is how hard it is to keep centered and organized when my life is just a whirlwind of opportunities and experience keeping me off guard and enamored.



But I digress...

Anyways, my kuya and his wife came down for a visit on Sunday. Met up with them for brunch and some how intrigued them to go to venice beach for a walk. I had to walk off the chorizo and egg breakfast I got from CJ's.

Besides, luca from italy personally asked me to take pics of Venice Beach for him. So here you go...


It took us foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to find parking around Venice Beach. I love my area but man, by the time it is the weekend, it is over run by tourists. Now you know why on the weekends, I tend to chill at the house a lot.


That's arndog looking irritated at me...


But we finally found parking in BFE and had a nice walk till we got to the thick of things


And speaking of "thick of things" check out the mannequins and how big the booties are! sweeeet! we are getting some sort of representation out there! (gonna have to tilt your head because I am way too tired to fix it)


"oh look, easy e, bob marley, marvin gaye, hendrix, richard pryor. Damn, someone is capitalizing on the deaths of famous black men. All they need is tupac and biggie..." -I didn't say that,btw...


How fun is this guy's job


Then we came across to this mural that I absolutely loved. How fun is this piece? I recognize one of the artists as chase but I don't know who he collaborated with.








I thought this was a cute pic of them. Hahahha!


But of course if you are going to make people succumb to your picture-taking madness, you should also oblige when the tables are turned


Aaaaah, blowing sea breezes and smog makes boufanty (I don’t know how to spell that word. Just sound it out) hair.

No comments: