Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tuesday Night Cafe 2012

Guess who is the co-curator for the visual arts segment of LA's longest running public art event? You guessed it. ME! I have been a long-time resident artist for Tuesday Night Cafe , from being a featured poet, to live painter to now visual arts curator. 

Tuesday Night Cafe happens every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Spring and Summer months, taking place on the outdoor plaza of East West Players. It is wonderful to be onstage, being under the stars and hearing your voice echo in Downtown's building.

Tuesday Night Cafe has provided the space for both emerging and established artists/dancers/musicians/lyricists/vocalists/poets. It also is a gathering where important community and social information can be passed along.

They asked me to be the the first vendor and live painter. 

I painted for about 1.5 hours and managed to sell a few pieces in the meantime. It was wonderful to see everybody come out for the first show of the season!

More pictures to come!

Live painting: April 3rd, 2012

My 1 year old niece Spitty helping me paint as I hold her =)

No comments: