Wednesday, May 05, 2004

heading to amherst, massachusetts in a couple of minutes. zero 3 has got a show there tomorrow so we are flying up there today and then heading back here friday. turn around trip. i managed not to over pack this time and was able to put what i need in an over night bag and my work in my backpack. pics will be up soon.

===================
honesty is the best policy
several people have been recommending me to read "combat liberalism". and i have and found it very insightful. been working on myself in those areas before the literary piece have been given to me so when i finally did read it, it was very befitting.

part of what it is saying is that we should be direct and not be passive aggressive. well, let me tell you. we can be passive aggressive but because we don't want to hurt each other or confront each other. but in the long run it hurts the relationship and our cause because of the resentment building up towards on another.

ok, i don't know if its the fact that i have come to an age where i really dont have time to FIGURE out what you are trying to say or if it is the fact that miscommunication have been playing a role in my life. but now,i ask for honesty. i will give you honesty and i expect the same.

well, let me tell you. ever since i have asked that from a few people, i have noticed that they turned into crazy ass blunt mofos. it's kinda funny. like the episode of "i love lucy" where they challenged lucy that she couldn't tell a fib for more than 24 hours and she took the bet and started running with it, telling bluntly how she felt about her friends. i have been snapped at, cussed at, and attempted to be put in my place, EVEN WHEN I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

oh well, its a start. it's a new concept for some. it's all about feeling comfortable being in a space where you can do that and know it is for the best.

CL is a piece that goes deeper than anything i just said. i am just coming from a personal level. it's like "art of war". it's intended for one subject but the philosophy can help in other areas as well.

so yea. honesty. but man, remember that it all stems from love too. truth doesn't have to be delivered in a tight fist. truth can be dirty as it is. love is a revolutionary thought these days. read bell hooks.

i am rambling. let me go finish packing. see you guys on friday. i will have pics from my weekend. two days of people throwing me the devil horns saying "rock out with your cock out!!!"

TANGENT THOUGHT: in one page of my blog, i have the words "tranny" and "cock". i wonder how many hits i will get from google searchers... hmmm..

No comments: