Friday, March 19, 2004

friggin' its midnight and i am not ready to work... fuck

vanessa and i knew we were going to work late but we both have been stuck at home all damn day. so before we hit our noses to the grindstone, we decided to chill at one of my favorite hangouts for some coffee and some boston cream pie.

this spot on melrose reminds me of bars in the french quarters in new orleans. it has a rustic feel, dimly lit, and filled with art. smoking is allowed in there so that probably added to the feel of it not "being LA."

so as i was chillin' out with my soy latte (that thought is an oxymoron. chillin' with three shots of caffiene?), i was intrigued with one piece of art. its on a plank of wood and the rings of the wood formed a woman. it was beautiful. mysterious. and a cute, tatted, seemingly-meterosexual barista boy noticed me looking at it.

barista boy: beautiful, isn't it?
me: oh, its gorgeous. is it for sale?
barista boy: the artist said nothing we are displaying is for sale but here is the website where you can contact him.

he hands me a calling card. go check him out... isaacpierro.com

the piece i was inquiring isn't on there.

--------------------------------

3:21am

yooooo, my head hurts and i feel crazy tired but i am still trying to finish this damn poster. boooooooo!!!!

No comments: