Tuesday, September 13, 2022


"Art is the highest form of hope."


((Tap tap tap)) Is this mic still on?

Volumes of stories had happened since the last time I have posted on here. "Posted?" Is that still the correct term when it comes to blogging? Don't I "write" a post? I guess it is the same thing.

Social media has definitely shaped the way I think and communicate. In many ways, it finetunes my messages, allowing me to be short and concise. I have learned how to communicate in 150 words (thanks to Twitter) and then down to a picture and 30 hashtags. 

We have been highly sophisticated machines, processing all the information, whether we are aware of them or if it is given to us subliminally.

Things start happening in nanoseconds. Efficiency is a beautiful thing to machines, but it is at the cost- our humanity. I find myself feeling pressure to perform like a well-oiled machine. I started caring about numbers and figuring out algorithms and how they worked. I started caring about making reels and tiktoks, making sure they are not too long and choosing the trending music. I felt like I am constantly promoting something. I started thinking that it is the only way I can exist as an artist.

I started caring more about being seen but not what I am showing.

I'm slowing myself down. I am going to resort to old school ways. I am going to document my life not for the sake of  being seen but so that I can look back and see the work I have done and the kind of emotions and thought processes it took in making that creation.

So if you find yourself here, welcome or welcome back. My writing is not how it was 15 years ago but i am going to find my voice soon. Until then, thank you.

 
 


 


 

No comments: