Thursday, March 27, 2003

friday five

saw this in other people's blog. maybe this writing "assignment" can help me jump start my writing for tonight! ( need to write a couple of pieces but i haven't had time nor the energy)

1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week? for three nights, the Japanese American Cultural Center had a run of shows called Freshtracks, showcasing Asian American talent. me and my girls were in it last yeat but this year, we get to see our freinds perform. i saw kristina wong did her piece on thursday. it is a commentary how our fears bind us helpless and that time is running out unless we conquer them. on thursday. bambu did an ACOUSTIC set with faniks and asi. gawdamn... bambu unplugged. it was like rediscovering his music all over again. big ups, bro. and then on saturday, paez and the group we studied improv comedy did a show called flight. truly inspirational.

2. What one person touched your life this week? i would have to say one person who touched me this week is my sister. at one point, prayer in my spirtitual life has not been strong. been soul searching. i know my heart is still with GOD but i needed to know the source of my discontent. of all people, my sister reminded me what prayer can do and not to give up when things are silent. thanks sis.

another person is meymuna. she sent me an awesome uplifting email. thanks so much, sis, for your encouragement and support. it comes back straight to you.

3. How have you helped someone this week? i help people all the time. to answer this question is silly cuz why should we be counting our deeds. you just do them like second nature.

4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week? write my speech!!!!! aaaarrrrrgh!

5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place? as long as i am lead by love, then everything i do should make my world a better place. i just have to trust love. that can be hard sometimes.

No comments: