Tuesday, January 14, 2003

and so it begins...

last week was my last week at AC. i have this whole week off before i start at euniverse which is awesome because i can work on the monster debut and among other work contracted to me. apparently, my new job couldn't wait for me to start; they contracted me work yesterday in which i frantically tried to finish a mock one page website for one of their potential products. it was cool working at home. but what was not cool was that i was working on a dial up so every thing ran soooo slooooooow. i never upgraded because i figured that i was always on a t-3 connection 40 hours a week. why should i want to spend too much time on the internet at home? welll, that is gonna have to change because if i continue to do freelance work on my off time, i need to get a faster connection. yes, people, i shall get out of the dark ages soon.

so , for the rest of the week, i will play rich house wife... only, with out the husband... and with out the riches. in between working at home, i shall go to the movies, read books, write pieces, paint, go to the gym, baby my doggie, and pamper my physical being as well as my spiritual being. i shall take yoga, dance, step class, counteract it with going to that yummy bakery on la brea, shop for new puma shoes, get a manicure/pedicure while sipping soy lattes- all during the day while 9 to 5 america is at work. i shall pretend what it is like to NOT work and i got till next week to figure out what that means.

today, i am going to watch rabbit proof fence. i love independant and foriegn flicks. lots of indies cant rely on big money to carry their film so they have to rely on the storytelling, dialogue, and acting to make it successful. case in point, look at kevin smith. ok, i am off to have fun... hopefully... if i dont have the thoughts of work plaguing my mind...

No comments: