Friday, September 13, 2002

i took my dog to the vet yesterday. my dog is blind. he sees very very little. apparently he had an eye disease that damaged his cornea. needless to say, i am very upset.

i hate leaving him at home because how comfortable is he, by himself, not running around out in the yard because he is unsure of where he is and who or what is around them? as soon as he is better, i am going to start bringing him to work. luckily, this company is dog friendly. but i wonder how well behaved he would be.

he is such the trooper. although he is impaired, he still wants to play catch. he sniffs around for this rubber ball with a bell in the middle, carefully walks over to me, places the ball in my hand and waits until i throw it. he then hears the bell and runs to retrieve it. sometimes, he gives me hope that he can get better cuz he would catch it midair if i toss it carefully. i dunno. i just feel horrible that he can't see me smiling. but nothing warms my heart more as to see him smile despite of his condition, that though he has a huge obstacle in front of him, he still does things that makes him happy such as going on walks and playing with his tennis ball. he just has to go thru it a different way and use his other resources and not to give up. i should take that lesson from him.

No comments: