Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap: LA Sparks


After a full day of forums, networking and business talk, K and her daughter brought  me to my very first WNBA game at the Staples Center! K's previous marketing company were hosting a campaign for NBC's newest show "The New Normal" and were able to get free tix for us.
 
 
I have always wanted to go to Sparks game. I have been to a few Lakers games and I have always had the intention to want to support the Women's League. The vibe is definitely different. It is just as electifying but it is more family-oriented. People bring their families to NBA games but in WNBA games, the families are highlighted. Kids and women of different ages are the half time performers. There are more shirt giveaways, more games and prizes and all the same electricity you would find in the men's games.

It was definitely inspiring to see the Spark's play. They have an extra hustle to their step and the games seem more "sped up." Definitely an enjoyable experience. I am a new fan!







 
The Sparks won this game over the NY Liberty. Lots of good plays and 3 point shots. I can't wait to go to my next game!

Little Spitty and Auntie Ninja Hair Alfie.




No comments: