Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Once Upon A Time at the Glasshouse Record Store/Gallery


January closed out the holiday season and it welcomed 2012 with new energies, new friendships and chi being thrown on Santa Monica moonlit waves.

But February came fast and hard with art shows: 1st one- Once Upon a Time... From a Favorite Fairy Tale to Our Own.

Opening reception was February 11, 2012 from 6-9pm.


My piece for the show: My rendition of Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid."


"The Little Mermaid" was one of my favorite fairy tales when I was young. I remember watching the anime with my mother one weekend. I couldn't understand why she gave up so much for a person she didn't even know. My mother said it was unconditional love. 


Now looking back, I think it is foolish.


What's so romantic about losing your voice, losing your identity , losing your family and world for a man you barely know only to be dissed at the end? 


I now have a better understanding of what unconditional love is. Real love and not one fabricated through fairy tales and lies only because they can't bare to be lonely.


(Close up detail.)

No comments: