Thursday, November 07, 2002


on.rotation: the.virgin.suicides.soundtrack
on.my.lips: sippin' on some mint tea
on.my.head:his smile (but don't tell him that. it may just be soy vanilla candle)
on.my.feenin'.list: a hookah with a bowl of mango/berry flavored tobacco

i have decided:::...


paez suggested it first... vanessa suggested it last week... and they didn't talk about this. they came out on their own conclusion... that.. i ...should... host ... a .... salon at my house. except i should not call it a salon... phloe says i should call it instead a "shit-talking conclave", only because the word "salon" instills a bou-jiggy type of feel which makes her face cringe.

i think it is a great idea. it is a way for me to test my martha-stewart-wannabe tendancies and to promote discussion between folks. after yesterday's post, i realized that i need discussion. i need to hear not just from like-minded folks but to hear different view points to challenge my views, question my beliefs, and broaden my sight, or as shorty says, make my mind wide.

artists from the past have done it. writers have done it. philosophers have done it. why can't young urban professionals and artists do the same thing. i am blessed to be surrounded with very articulate, bright, knowledgable people. i get so much out of our one-on-one talks that i would love to see what would happen if i can get them all together at the same dinner table. who knows what the topic should be. it could be politcal, social, or maybe even be about art. i would probably be doing the initial moderating but once the ball is rolling, it's on.

afterwards, i can treat everybody to hazelnut coffee with some bailey's and kahlua or maybe a hit off the hookah with a bowlful of mango/berry tobacco. i don't normally smoke or drink but that would be the night where i would make that exception.

No comments: