Monday, December 02, 2013

Turkey Trot 10k 2013

The Turkey Trot 5k/10k has been going on for years and I finally managed to catch one. I figured what was a great way to start the holiday but with a nice little 6+mile run through Downtown LA before I stuff myself with holiday goodies.


It wasn't so bad. In fact, I think the race was well-organized and fun. There were plenty of vendors and booths. The trucker hats were cool (I now have something to thrash during my training runs) and the crowd was just big enough (seriously, I don't think many people would want to do this on a holiday.) In fact, the hardest thing was trying to get out of my warm bed and drive east to Downtown LA.

 
 
And speaking of hard, that is just the kind of liquor MC Foley hit right before the race. Yes, that is a flask, my friends. But I mean, her blog isn't called Alky to Athlete for nothing. I likened her to the Drunken Master of any old school flick. She just happens to be at her best when she got a little bit of happy juice in her!
 


 
 
The overall run was pleasant. There were some hills but they were not too bad. If you are doing the 10k you are pretty much doing the course twice, which is not so bad because then you know how where to map yourself. The volunteers are a mix of highschool and college and they are all very friendly and encouraging. I certainly enjoyed myself and the fact that I only paid $20 from Living Social made this event even better.



Dedicated this medal to all the friends who took the time and energy to train me out of love. Love the fact that people step up and see me trying to meet my goals and they go out of their way to help me reach it...
 
 
Double Trouble.. my sis and I off to WeHo to get mimosas.
(Isn't she a bad influence on me??)

2 comments:

narinda said...

I ran a 10k recently, too! Never thought of taking a swig of hard liquor as a warm up. I'm gonna have to try it sometime.

alfie said...

hahhah, well, i am not sure if i actually recommend it. haha