Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year

The first pic of the new year




Here is my first pic of 2013. While walking my dogs, I noticed that it was eerily quiet. I am pretty sure it is because everybody is probably out enjoying the day. Or staying in and having a low key sort of day before starting work.

I actually did the latter.
I figured that once at work it will be nonstop and I needed to take the day to reflect and organize my life and thoughts. And when doing so, I was able to look up and see just how beautiful the sky was.

They say that we are starting a new era of consciousness. I hope so. I would love to see the world with less suffering, less war and less negativity. I don't want to sound "new age-y" but life is definitely short and I need to live life to the fullest. Not be caught up in drama. Not be caught up in things that don't matter. This pic is what made me realize that. It makes us look like we are in this big dome and that there are things that are larger than me, that it will go on with or without me. That the world does not revolve around ourselves and yet we have the power to change some things.
 
My favorite guy and I were talking and he asked if I saw years as bookends. I said "no" that time is infinite but I use years to at least be a maker where I assess and see where I need to move forward. All I know is that I must continue on and if I need to make resolutions in the middle of the year, then so be it.
 
Here's to a remarkable year!

No comments: