Thursday, January 02, 2003



self portrait, march 2002



click here to see an enlarged image
acrylic on canvas and ripped up pages of my chapbook, oil paints and bandages


i did this piece while i was on vicodin, a pain killer. (no, i was not an addict. my arse got the chicken pox at a late age and them mofos hurt like heck!!!) when you are on vicodin, your mind is still sharp but your body is on slow. it was the wierdest feeling, to not be able to keep up with your mind. when don dada came home, he found me passed out on the couch, red paint on my hands, and the easel holding this painting. i was quite pleased when i first saw it when i woke up...

random thought
i think something crawled in my ear, into my head, and died. i have been battling a headache since yesterday. aaaaaah, happy new year...

No comments: